Thursday, July 22, 2010

Being Honest!


I was seated at a roadside cafe and while sipping the most treasured part of my day, cappuccino duet when my eyes went on an article titled “Art of Confession”. My mind propelled itself with its much needed doses of bewitched thoughts and started spinning as fast a table fan. I soon got all impervious to my surroundings, overlooking the article which instigated my much lethal thought process. My mind rustled and went to and fro from all the candid confessions I have or should have done, searching for the best ones to be shared. And here they are..........don’t drop your jaws please.....




1. I fell in love for the first time when I ceased being 6.

I would not be called sordid if I called it a summer romance. He was my partner and we were to tap our feet together on the summer carnival. The song meant for the D-day could not be better than the most cherished track “I am a Barbie girl”. I indeed felt like one. I could never make a clean breast of how much I fantasised about going on a private picnic with him (I was too kiddo like to think about a dinner date).and was reticent about the lovely pair of eyes he was blessed with. It all ended 2 months later and I cried myself to sleep.......until I fell in love again, this time with a boy with pool blue eyes.



2 I stole a copy of Mills and Boons from my mother’s bookshelf.

I had advanced a year into my teens and was skimming through piles of books at Crosswords when a neon coloured shelf grabbed my attention. Why on earth this books store will colour a section in neon shades when the rest had hues of dull brown and yellow?. I went up to take a morsel of the delights lying there and suddenly was confronted by my mother with a stern look on her face. I knew this was fishy. Later that night i carefully scanned all the books and hit the jackpot. From then onwards I knew why it was painted with neon tinges.



3 I was too scrupulous about the tangible existence of Santa.

Though it’s really hurting to admit this one, it is fairly pivotal too. I grew up banking on Santa for all my credulous and illegitimate needs. I was a staunch believer in the fact that Santa does come on the Christmas Eve. My belief came crashing down the year my mother candidly confessed of being my Santa of past 13 years. I can still feel the pain I felt that moment and how I detested her for making the statement. For the first time I was ripped naked of my belief.



4 I was caught red handed while exchanging exam papers with my best friend

So was the pressure the poor kid had to handle. I didn’t score well that year in my maths monthly exam. Unable to cope up with the failure I decided to steal my best friend who scored a 30 on 30. I could not master mind it properly (what would you expect from a 9 year old) and was eventually caught in the process.



5 I was heartbroken when Tom Cruise married Katie Holmes (I really was)

Oh I can never elope out that memory. How crazy I went to hear the wedding was over. Sudden rush of despair ran through my fingers and slowly sped into my blood. I was heartbroken again for the...ehhh...Leave It.! Till the time I grinned over my DVD collection to have barred the pearl harbour DVD to go out of sight. I watched it again for the 11th time and instantly fell in love with Ben Affleck I decided not to pry over his personal life.

2 comments:

Ribha Sharma said...

Hi Bhawna....I am so thrilled that u really had the guts to share this...I loved reading your love story when you were merely six years old...;)))
Keep up the good work and keep blogging....:)

Unknown said...

it's a superb stuff that u wrote, i was pleased to read this.